Cochrane | Buffalo County

Village of Cochrane, Buffalo County
Population: 447
Founded: 1886
Incorporated: June 20, 1910

Cochrane Snippets

     ★ A fire in 1911 resulted in the organization of a volunteer fire department in 1912.

     ★ Community members enjoyed music. The Excelsior Band was organized as early as 1890 and reorganized a couple of years later as the Fireman’s Band. The Cadet Band was organized in 1916.

     ★ In 1919 the village had “a newspaper, a bank, two hotels, two general stores, a lumber yard, an elevator, a concrete block factory, two hardware stores (one including furniture and undertaking departments), two agricultural implement establishments (one dealing in live stock, the other in automobiles), a garage, a meat market, a harness store, a jewelry store, a livery and draying establishment, a wall paper dealer, a blacksmith and machine shop, a barber, a fur dealer, a contractor and builder, a physician, a dentist, an attorney, and two insurance men.”


Prairie Moon Sculpture Garden and Museum

Cochrane is a Great River Road Wisconsin Community
Click here for more information.

Cochrane is located in Buffalo County.








Little Wisconsin will be available May 7, 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment